Monday Night NXT Mayhem

Hello one and all and welcome to another end of the week edition of the Daily Slam. In this post, I will give my thoughts on the NXT invasion at the end of Raw, Kane's determination to find his brother's attacker, why Viewer's Choice Raw was a let down, and season two of NXT's rookies has begun.

Without further ado... The Daily Slam!


All the buzz this week among fellow rasslin' fans is the beat down that the Season Uno NXT contestants handed CM Punk, Luke Gallows, the ring announcers, the bell ringer dude, a few other ringside employees and the WWE Champion himself, John Cena. I'm still in shock that Cena didn't beat down every one of those fellow rookies by himself because if I'm not mistaken, Cena "never gives up". The fact that these men made such an impact and leaves us all scratching our heads means the creative team has finally done something right. Daniel Bryan actually spit in the leader of C-Nation's face which is epic on so many levels. If this new faction continues to dominate top stars in the WWE, it will make Raw (and hopefully SmackDown) must see television like it was during the attitude era. Barrett, Bryan, and Otunga could lead this group of newcomers to all new levels and with the injury bug hitting the 'E roster hard, this is a much needed story-line.


To continue with this past Raw, it was supposed to be a historic night with us, the viewers, picking certain stipulations. Talk about a lousy show on all levels. It was so bland that I found myself flipping over to re-runs of comedy sitcoms. On a side note, can you believe that the show Seinfeld has made $2.7 BILLION since the show stopped making new episodes 12 years ago. Talk about the greatest show making serious bank off of replays. Back to Raw, I actually voted on a few matches myself but ultimately was let down when I saw Khali & Hornswoggle walk down to the ring. I mean come on WWE Universe! I want to see the Harts get revenge on the Uso's not a giant and a midget wrestle. Anyways, this gimmick Raw was a let down on so many levels and at least the rookie invasion made up for what could have been the worst Raw in recent history. Monday will be must see tv since nothing was answered on SmackDown.

Since the Undertaker was taken out by a mystery person, Kane is on a rampage to find the assaultant. This is the best promo work I have seen from the Big Red Machine in a long time and it makes me happy to see him get some good mic work. Kane has been on the losing end for the past few years and I always thought he deserved more credit for his past feuds and in ring work. Up until his de-masking, Kane was considered one of the top feared opponents in the ring and hasn't been at that same level since. Let's hope its not revealed to be Kane as the one to take out his brother because that story has been done to death. When the Deadman returns, I hope we witness more of the brothers of destruction and take over SD as they both deserve some good spotlight before they head into the sunset for good.

Finally, Season II of NXT started on Tuesday with fresh faces on both sides (except The Miz because he's "Awesome!"). To be honest, I only care to watch Kaval since he is a legend already and Alex Riley has must curiosity since he is reigning FCW Champion has has a good gimmick to mash with Miz. Cottonwood will be a bust even though he has size and Husky Harris will make it to the end because of his father (IRS) I assume. I'm not a fan of Team LayCool being paired with Kaval but him being on SmackDown carrying their titles gives me more assurance he will be the winner of this final season.


Until Next Time...
I'm Just Sayin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Taipei Deathmatch Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template