MITB Fallout

Hello one and all and welcome to another edition of The Daily Slam.We are only days removed from Money In The Bank ppv and plans for SummerSlam are already unfolding. Randy Orton looks to win the WWE Championship back but who will he face? Also, can anyone stop the newly crowned champ Big Red Machine? This and much more so let's get on with it...



If anyone who purchased the Money In The Bank pay per view didn't feel like it was worth the money than I feel bad for you. That last couple of WWE ppv's have been somewhat dull and that's typical post-WrestleMania time but this last Sunday's show was a good one. First off, Kane wins the SmackDown MITB match which was a shock to most. Then he cashes it in after Rey Mysterio successfully defends his title against Jack Swagger to become new champ. Followed by a damn good Raw MITB ladder match which the Miz may have won but I give big props to John Morrison for taking some devastating hits. Overall, with having to diva matches and the boring tag title storyline involved, I say this ppv delivered on all measures. Yes the WWE Championship cage match was a big lackluster but I figured that was gonna happen since Nexus was going to get involved. Still the right person won the match, thankfully.

The following night on Raw, they start off the show with a big #1 contenders match involving Orton, Edge, and Jericho. The Apex Predator won which is the right call since he can help Sheamus along as a legitimate champion more than Cena ever could. I wonder how many boots to the face Randy will take over the next few weeks. I don't know why the WWE doesn't have a gimmick match to get into the main event at SummerSlam like they do for WrestleMania ala the Royal Rumble winner. I think it would build the SS show more by having a huge match to determine who faces the champ at the company's biggest blockbuster of the Summer. Just food for thought.

The big question is though, who will be the WWE Champion walking into SummerSlam. Since the Miz won the MITB briefcase, he will be on a constant prowl to take the title from Sheamus at any sign of weakness. When he laid-out the Irishman on Raw and told the ref to ring the bell, I thought we were going to see a new champion right then and there. It would have been the biggest night of the Miz's career life and I bet he would have cried. I bet John Morrison wishes he could have been drafted to Raw two years ago instead of the Miz.

Diva break...


On the blue brand, Kane won the MITB match followed by winning the World title from Rey and becoming the first ever man to hold all three title in the WWE; the WWE title, World Heavy title, and ECW title. That is until the Big Show does right around the same time his movie comes out. So yea, around October I believe we'll see that happening. You'd figure Jack Swagger would be the man to take a run at Kane for his new championship but it looks as if the 'E wants Rey to get his rematch at SummerSlam. I don't like this booking so far but hopefully Swagger can be thrown into the match for a triple threat bout.

It appears that not only will Cena take on team Nexus, but he has recruited a team of people looking for revenge. Aligning with the chain gang leader is Edge, Jericho, Morrison, the Great Khali, and Evan Bourne Bret Hart. That's right, everyone's favorite old ass, pink and black wearing, sharpshooter using, revenge filled asailant is back. Remember when Nexus put Bret in the back of a limo and crashed him into like 6 different cars? Well he is all healed up and ready for a fight. I was expecting a handful of other guys to be in this match but I guess with the Undertaker and Triple H out of SummerSlam, the WWE needed to insert a legend to fill in. I only want to see one outcome of this match as of right now.... all 6 members of team Cena lock in all 6 member of team Nexus in Sharpshooters, simultaneously. The crowd would go ape shit.

Michael McGillicutty won the obstacle course of NXT which means he is safe from elimination on next week's show. Michael, I think has the best shot at winning this season. He's a 2nd gen wrestler with good in ring skills. He's not too bad on the mic and he is is the son of Mr. Perfect. Still not sure when they wouldn't leave him with the Hennig last name. Speaking of NXT, as of right now McGillicutty and Kaval are the FCW tag champs and Alex Riley is still holding onto the FCW Championship title. I don't recall any of the season one guys being title holders in development and being on the NXT roster at the same time but I could be mistaken. Doubtful though.

Knockout Break...

 This week I sat through an entire episode of TNA iMPACT. I have to say I was somewhat surprised by the talent. Oh wait, other than Bischoff phoning in, him and Hogan were no where to be scene. That explains the good show then. I like how the tag title are being determined with a best of 5 matches stipulation. Also, with Beer Money up 2 wins already, I expect MCMG to put on some good matches. The match between Samoa Joe and Jeff Hardy was actually just starting to get good until the 10 minute time limit was reached. I commend TNA to sticking time limited matches but these two kinda deserve more than 10 minutes. It means a rematch will be in the future but I feel the whole thing was unnecessary.  At the end of iMPACT, Dixie introduced the crowd to the ECW Originals and granted them their very own pay per view. This means Hard Justice is now HardCore Justice and a bunch of ECW stars will be returning for one last night. Well we've all been feed that lie before so I expect atleast half of them to stick around TNA for the rest of 2010. I just want to see Sabu fight one more time and I'll be happy. I also wasn't too thrilled with the way Tommy Dreamer spoke about "the other company". They bash the WWE like it's the devil. Last time I checked, those wrestlers are independent contractors which means if you don't like the job your in then you can leave. Sorry you had to be paid a bunch of money and be the face of a Tuesday night show Tommy, you piss poor sport. I always had big respect for Dreamer and his extreme ways but sticking around WWE for all those years only to bad mouth them on public television leave me with a negative look on his character.

Until Next Time...


...I'm Just Sayin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Taipei Deathmatch Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template