WrestleMania Week Is Among Us

Welcome to The Daily Slam!

Unless you have been living under a rock for the past 6 weeks, you already know that the biggest show of the year is only a few days away. This week is all about WrestleMania 26 and the brands are doing their final set-ups for the matches. In the past 7 days, the Mysterio/Punk match added a stipulation, MITB gets another contender, Triple H & Randy Orton work together, and Batista puts on another great promo. Let's get to it...

On SmackDown, Rey Mysterio lost to Luke Gallows which added the stipulation that if CM Punk wins at Mania, Rey must join the Straight Edge Society. I honestly thought they were going to go with a hair vs mask match but this one works too. Extreme Rules PPV could host the mask unveiling stipulation if Rey must join the Society. This story only has room to grow and hopefully there is no end in sight. Punk is so over as a major heel right now that keeping him in a long lasting feud only helps his heel heat. Also, kudos to both men for their superb promo work in the last few weeks.

Apparently having only nine men in one match is unsatisfactory. I think the Raw writers completely forgot about Kofi Kingston in the month of March and last minute decided to throw him into the Mania card somewhere. So now instead of having the "dead-on favorite" Christian to win the briefcase, they throw Kofi into the mix to make us second guess ourselves. I like Kingston in the match but I'd prefer two less competitors. I still think Christ; wait I'll just post my predictions tomorrow.

The HHH & Orton vs Legacy & Sheamus match on Raw was my favorite in the last few weeks. It had great wrestling to go along with a good build to their individual stories. Randy got a major pop from the crowd when he got the hot tag in and also when he was about to deliver his infamous legs on ropes DDT. I also enjoyed the combination of two men who only a year ago had a huge feud. It's unfortunate that neither Hunter nor Randy are headlining WrestleMania 26, but I'm sure taking one year off won't stop them from putting on powerful performances.

Finally, Batista has once again proved my point that his heel gimmick would reinvent his career. I said it months ago; his look itself just screams major bad guy heat. His little feud with long time friend Rey Rey didn't do enough to put him fully over with the crowd, but this altercation he has going on with Cena is powerful stuff. Dave's promo work has surprised everyone in the pro wrestling fan base and has elevated himself to a long time main event player. Win or lose at Mania against Cena, this guy should be on the mic every week.



Additional Slams!...

With WrestleMania 26 only days away, the main focus has been primarily on the WWE. Their main competition, TNA Wrestling, had a Pay Per View last Sunday which deserves a comment I guess. I think one word should some it up.... disappointment. Abyss choke-slammed AJ Styles through the ring floor which means the belt has no chance to change hands. Utter disappointment to the crowd I imagine. Also, Jeff Hardy and RVD finally had a chance to put on their skills at Impact. I honestly didn't watch the entire match but from what I saw, they delivered. No surprise there though.

After reading the SmackDown spoilers, I don't see any last minute changes being done to the WrestleMania 26 card other than a possible Divas match. My PPV Predictions will be posted tomorrow.

 Until Next Time... I'm Just Sayin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Taipei Deathmatch Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template